Saturday, September 12, 2009

It is just me

We were invited to Break our fast at our friends house. So I am thankful that I do not have to struggle again in the kitchen alone. We get there and I walk in with my high heels and I get the same comments I usually get: what is this? you are too tall! how did you get so tall?
 
The following are the reasons I wore them:

1. My husband is tall
2. I bought them for hard earned money and I want to wear them.
3. They look nice, and I want to look pretty!

Apparently when you are already tall, it is not appreciated to be taller, so I take the easy way out of the situation and I take them off. It was a beautiful gathering, our hosts we love and they prepared everything with grace and care. I am the only one walking barefoot but I think I was the most comfortable one there. 
I ate my longed for meal, and suddenly I felt my body getting heavier and heavier like metal was replacing my bones. The beautiful host had candles lit everywhere and they made it harder for my eyelids to stay open. Everyone was normal as usual, mature, in control, alert, standing tall with eyes wide open and strength to talk, and energy to walk. Except for me, my eyes hurt as I tried to keep them open, and continuing a conversation without sinking in my seat seemed impossible. All I could think of was their bed in their room and how comfortable it looked as I caught a glimpse of it when I went to pray in their kids room. There was also a big comfortable purple mattress on the floor and it was talking to me, in their children's room. It said come sleep on me, come rest for a while, you are tired I know, I am soft and comfy, I will show you how.
I was about to jump on it and float to sleep heaven but I remembered how inappropriate that would be. I could see the people, I could see their lips moving but at a certain point it all blended in and like a machine with low battery my intake slowed down and my ability to respond went from normal to very slow. My husband noticed his tired wife's in ability to cope with the post breakfast activity, so he took me home. I told him it was great but I am physically incapable of sitting up right after we break our fast, and I am also incapable of that before we break it too. We thanked our hosts and I almost fell in the middle of the street like I always almost fall in my high heels, and straight to my comfort zone we headed. home sweet home, where my feet can be horizontal and at the same level as my upper body.
It is not funny how tired I am, how I am incapable of socializing at those times, I hope anyone can understand. Over there I look around me and I realized everyone else is fine; So this is why it is just me!! So bare with me.
It is not a common thing, It is just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment