Sunday, September 27, 2009

Aswan my Lovely

I dream of touching the earth with my bare hands and feeling it's insides and eating form its fruits, without visiting the supermarket. I dream of waking up to the sight of endless greenery and arabian palm trees that dance to the arabic music with their Egyptian identiny showing in the taste of their dates. I dream of waking up to the smell of my best friend; the river Nile. I dream of seeing the eyes of the cows and smelling the horses every morning. I dream of tanned authentic people wearing white loose clothes. I dream of the people who sing their songs and dance along the Nile. I dream of my boat and all it needs is the force of the wind to lead the way. I dream of a simpler life where I can breathe the fresh air and paint by the banks of the river and smell the growing pesto and the pure food that I grow with my own hands and pick out with the children. I dream of fresh milk and blue skies. I dream of life in Aswan away from the city and all the pretenses, all the molding and shaping that the other civilizations have dropped over us when they conquered us. I dream of a virgin land, surrounded by pure waters and trees that sing the name of Egypt and walls that carry the stories of my ancestors. I dream of life in white clothes and white light, as simple and tasteful as it can be, as close to the earth as possible and right under the sky. I dream of walking barefoot on the cold grass and sleeping on Egyptian cotton and dreaming happy dreams, I dream of a peaceful pace, life that is not a race, being on my land yet escaping the traffic jams. Escaping the stress and I realize there is no place with no problems but still there are places with less stress. Why are we all crammed up in the same place, it makes no sense that the world enjoys our treasures while we trap ourselves in Cairo, Cairo that almost thought of leaving us from all she carries of waist and extra people. lets spread, lets find another place, the Land of God is wide, the land of Egypt is not just cairo, before thinking of Dubai and the Americas, consider a place under your nose. For those who can be creative, those who can find work beyond Cairo, Katameya and sixth of October are not the horizon.
I want a simpler life where I can breath, walk and dance. Where I can see colors other than grey, black and white. Someday I will live in Aswan and I will teach the children about the Nile and I will tell them how the palm trees deserve more attention and the earth deserves more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment