Sunday, August 23, 2009

The time of your life

In your twenties older people tell you " Enjoy it! it is the best time of your life"
And then they sigh remembering their twenties. I am tired of people telling me that. After a while it gets stressful because you do not know if you are enjoying it enough. you do not know what is expected of you.

The best time of my life is now? From now on everything goes downhill? You feel pressured to be happy, happier than you were two minutes before they told you. 

Many of my friends say high school was the best time, they say I wish I could go back. Personally I enjoyed it but I deeply wish it was not the best time of my life because it is behind me and because so much of it was not fun. Firstly being a night owl not one day did I get used to waking up early, it was painful to leave the bed every single day before the sun same up.

As time passes people tend to forget that at every stage of their life there were the happy times and there were the sad times. Unless there was a time when someone in your life depressed you continuously  all ages have their advantages and disadvantages. Being in school tests and exams used to freak me out, being younger bullies and disturbed classmates used to make it tough.

The best time of your life is whenever you chose it to be it could be those times that u are happiest put together through out years. Nobody is continuously blissful through out their twenties, nobody is capable of always being super happy.
I see grand parents often happier than me, I see two year olds enjoying life more than me. 

I wonder if it is true that in a certain age most people are happier? Or is it society's obsession with the youth that makes young automatically happier than ten years older?

I think peace of mind is the most important thing , I wish the whole world that! The mind that works to destroy your happiness is the worst curse. I wish I am happy and that I have peace of mind, me and all the good people of the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment