Monday, August 10, 2009

Cleopatra in Palo Alto

Im not conceited but i have been called cleopatra when i travel and i am deeply proud of that. It's my first time here in this amazing city. Palo Alto California is a very special place. So beautiful so peaceful so clean it is the picture perfect place, a wonderful place for kids to grow up, for people to grow old and for young people to study at the great stanford university. being Egyptian, coming here with my hubby who grew up here I got to understand why i fell in love with him, because he grew up in a magical place. This place is too good to be true, coming from chaotic cairo i am breathing the fresh peaceful air with great gratitude. I come here with curiosity that almost killed me and now i see a serenity hard to describe and a peacefulness that can only compare to the maldives, Although this place has locals who live here and are not on vacation. If u r into yoga like me u will find a yoga studio on every side and if u r an artist also like me u will find a gallery every where. And if u r pro peace also like me the peace sign is everywhere here. If u r a sensitive nice person u will no longer feel like u r too nice cuz everybody here is just naturally sweet. The survival of the fittest approach does not apply here like it kinda does in my beloved cairo. Here i don't have to pretend that I'm not nice so people do not think i am over friendly , strangers say hi to you and you can say hi back, and no one will judge you. beautiful houses, people walking their dogs, kids riding bikes safely. It is the way life was illustrated in a picture perfect book. Here my husband came to a yoga class with me, here we can bike and no one will stare cuz most pple are too, the priority is to the biker. Most people are in flip flops, interested in spirituality, wearing a smile and comfortable in their own skin. i also fell in love with San Francisco the sunny laid back virgin of N.Y.C, every where i look to the right or to the left the word art appears and that just brings a bubbly feeling to my stomach. Few places I felt like I belong, Rio was one of them. San Francisco is another one and my dear Palo Alto is the third place, here in Palo Alto you can be yourself and you can be free and what ever you enjoy u will find it. sweet Palo Alto i have heard so much about you from my husband and now i understand why he itches for you all year long. Now i understand why nothing else can compare and nothing in my beloved Cairo can measure up to the picture perfect city of Palo Alto.
Happy Here
tousa

No comments:

Post a Comment