Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bye Bye America

Today is my last day in the great America. 
Im starting to wonder if it is so great.
Every where there is the happy and the sad the good and the bad.
To every place there is the beauty and there is also the ugly face.
It depends on where you are comfortable.

My favorite place in California was little italy does that tell you something about my love to Italy?
My obsession with food here is driving me mad, no wonder obesity is an american problem.
Yesterday I had my favorite thing on earth: Italian Pasta al dente with tomato sauce, just like they do it in italy.
As I tasted it and closed my eyes I could feel my self fly to Milan the mother of pasta!
Nothing beats the Italian pasta, nothing compares. 
In San Francisco everything shines, The sun kisses the streets every day and refuses to set until eight in the afternoon. The city on the hill is magical with little edible houses that whisper the words love and freedom as they stick to each other. Pink and baby blue, white and beige, are the colors of the two story houses that are beautifully aligned  through out the hill. And as you go up the hill you look behind you and you see the world's most beautiful bridge connecting two wonderful places and serving as a man made wonder not only a means of transportation.

Whenever a great city is spread on a beach, it is magical. All my favorite places and the most fun people live in cities where the smell of the sea fills the air. Something is common between Rio, Beirut and San Francisco neighboring a beach makes the people generally happier, more creative and more free.

Downtown San Francisco is like New York on Zanax, it is just a chilled out friendlier virsion of New York. It is a lovely city, it is not as plastic and spread out as the city of angels. Whenever people are able to wear flip flops in their city their attitude changes and they are freer happier people. San Francisco is the place for artists, those with the hippy hearts. Yoga studios every where, people wearing t-shirts with peace signs on it. Almost everyone has a tattoo, and everyone is doing their thing no body interferes.

As I saw the amazing architecture of the glorious San Francisco I remembered downtown cairo and I started crying, not a lot just a few tears, we have great architecture why did they have to ruin it with all the shoe stores? Isn't there any rules? No designer? No one from the officials actually cares about the beauty of Cairo? The governor of Alexandria did some great work he was able to fix the disaster, why is it that no one is willing to fix Cairo? My heart ached and I wished from all the great people we know someone could use their contacts, use their wealth to save Cairo. By the Pyramids there could be a long promenade with cafes and music where tourists could come and spend the day and shop. The whole "Haram" district should not be allowed to have buildings higher than two stories and great hotels should open there. Little boutique hotels should also be available, it should be like south beach Miami. Has non of the great people in office considered the possibilities by the pyramids? Don't they know that we have a gold mine and we are ruining it with the sad buildings and the haphazard structure. The closest thing to the pyramids is KFC how magical is fried chicken, after one meets the great pyramids? Everything is mediocre and the sad part is many Egyptians are not mediocre we have geniuses who could change this place but they are all busy doing their own thing.Although Everyone will benefit from tourism.
Someone related to me is also visiting San Francisco, Tutankhamun is his name, everywhere you go in California you will see king Tut posters and pictures, they gave him more attention than they do back home. I felt a cosmic reason for both our stays in California at the same time. He was trying to tell me something, he was sad! He too left Egypt he could not take what the Egyptians did to his land. I also understood something else from his presence in San Francisco. He almost sent me a message with the wind, he told me the Americans are now the Pharos of this world. He told me that Egypt is an old tired country with people who destroyed it over thousands of years, he told me stop crying and realize that when your Egypt was as old as the Great America, it was great too, it was even greater. He told me that in the beginning it is easy to be amazing since everything is fresh, he told me to wait and see after thousands of years what will happen. He told me not to give up and that there are so many people like me who want to change things, who want peace beauty and freedom back on the great land of Egypt.

I figured king Tut is right America is a toddler who started where everybody else stopped, maybe we can not compare, as things go down and hit the ground there is no where else to go but up. And I'm sure Egypt will rise someday from the ground. I missed Cairo after only one month of being gone, it is the longest time we have been apart. 

Cairo is like Cocaine, it can kill you if you overdose and you are not used to it, it is bad for your health, it is bad for you, only the addicts like it. I'm addicted to Cairo. My friend told me to kiss the L.A ground when I get there, but I could not, what I want to do is kiss the dirt on the ground of Cairo, the place that chokes me and traps me, yet still I love every bit of it.

Bye Bye Great America, 

  

2 comments:

  1. America will be sad to see you go too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the most beautiful thing about America

    ReplyDelete