Monday, February 8, 2010

the place for us is here









the word om
when said from the heart
without fear
when repeated in a quiet place
it really changes the atmosphere let alone your own body

like a pilgrim you become
your own body is your temple
you fix it up with your own healer

today i gave my first real long yoga class to my best friend
finally i did it and we were both happier at the end

every day i realize how much i love yoga
how weird people can be
how complicated things can get if you do not remember to breathe

i talked with a dear friend to me today
she thinks its easier to escape the world of the losers
and i agree
but to what extent should we stay sheltered?

we like our worlds of isolation
she is more isolated than me
although i am so isolated people think
i live in a different country

people put you down
people say artists are vain
people say poets are self centered
but i understand people were always like that

in Cairo anything you do you will be criticized
anything you say you will be doubted
and for the way you look you will be interrogated

everyone thinks they are better than you from the beggars to the kings they all agree on one thing: superiority.
everyone looks down on everyone.

no matter how much you keep your distance and how much you mind your own business, they will get you.
they will some how, some way bring you down.

art, this blog, yoga are my drugs

could people understand the need to reach out?

it is therapeutic
it is liberating
it is not a crime
it is just a free blog
in a free world

the ability to say good words is a blessing
good art is produced by a great force
that must come out some way or another

God bless you even if you think it is all useless

although i disagree
and i will continue to write
about my humble life,
about my heart,
about God,
about things i want to say while i am here in this life time.
let me be me even if you do not like me
even if you tend to judge me
let me be me

i am what i am and that is that

4 comments:

  1. " no matter how much you keep your distance and how much you mind your own business, they will get you.
    they will some how, some way bring you down. "

    do they call this black comedy :D

    although true and serious i couldn't stop my self from laughing on how i personally relate to what you said .

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great i am glad a laugh or anything comes out of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. they said :

    شر البلية ما يضحك

    ReplyDelete