Tuesday, March 9, 2010

i am not wonder woman


you never know what they are thinking
sometimes they are too proud to say what bothered them
and i do not mean men
i mean people in general
you never know
you can guess you can try to figure it out
but the human mind is so complex
people you love, you see them holding a grudge and you do not know why exactly
they have changed
if only they would say
i have this thing whenever someone bothers me i tell them exactly what bothered me although it may take me an hour of silence and retreat
its the crab in me
taking the shock
but i do not swallow my pains and i do not wait to repay them
i confess in tears or with a shaky voice because i can not help it
or a bruised message on the phone but i communicate
because i care
if i keep carrying grudges and never confronting i will lose everyone
i have a few people and i intend to keep them
so i talk i explain i express
i do not punish
i do not ignore
i do not give a cold shoulder
and i do not surprise
thats with the ones who are labeled friends
the ones i vowed to keep
but those who mistreat me and i do not know them enough
i give up on them in shortest time
i move on
i ignore
they are transparent
i do not care for them
but my dear friends, we have a history, you know me and i know you
how can i let you go?
you know i am incapable of doing you wrong
and if i did i did not mean it
i can not take the cold treatment
my heart is not made for that
i do not like big crowds
my friends are few but we stay close even
if it is only phone calls we have
we hold each other
we back each other
we are a pack even if we do not meet as often
our hearts are together
when something bothers you and it is someone you love, tell them, you owe it to them, they owe it to you to explain themselves.
people are too complex, our mind if publicly spoke, we would have been labeled mad.
I confess i am paranoid, over sensitive, very picky, and also as loyal and loving as it can get so when you opened your heart to me, you should have warned me that you can make your ice cubes form and you can be so cold, because I melted a long time ago and if you stay around me long enough i guarantee you your ice will melt because i am too warm for ice to be around.

people like to judge and love to hate and label and make decisions based on perceptions or fears, i realized i can not please everyone,even if i tried.
because i can not read minds and i am not wonder woman.

2 comments: