Monday, March 15, 2010

if i was a lady bird




















if i was a lady bird i would sit on a leaf flowing in a river
i would relax and let the current take me
i would surrender

if i was a flower i would be beautiful
i would be a pink lotus blossoming with the sun shine
i would surrender

if i was a lion i would be the king
i would sit proud
i would lead my pride
i would have a family
i would be powerful
but i would surrender

if i was a bird i would travel miles
i would spread my wings and kiss the sky
i would make a v for victory
i would feed my baby bird and i will know
when it is time to migrate
i would surrender

if i was a star i would be so high
i would twinkle and shine
i would remind people of my lover
i would praise him day and night
i would watch over the helpless lovers
i would surrender

if i was a child i would eat right
play until i am tired
i would have an imagination that keeps me smiling and busy
i would be dreaming of being the best and biggest artist
i would have no worries about tomorrow
i would not sit and regret yesterday
i would be cheerful
i would surrender

if i was human i would do good
i would work
i would love until it hurt
i would dance
i would pray
i would be an artist
i would take people higher
i would be blissful
i would surrender

wait
i just remembered
i was the lady bird
i was the lotus flower
i am the lion
i am the bird
i am the star
i am the child
i am the human
i remember it all
i know how they all feel
i am them and they are me
i was them once and i will be
i am everything it is all in me
i have the world in my heart
i experienced it all
because i surrendered



4 comments:

  1. Why are u a fan of surrendering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. because surrendering to the divine is the core of my religion
    islam means surrendering to God

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but to God and God only. Right? and by surrendering to God you can be stronger than anything else whatever it is, because you're surrendering to God. That's my humble understanding of my religion..

    ReplyDelete