Saturday, January 16, 2010

learn to be selfish


yesterday i learned something that God has been trying to teach me for a long time. He has given me the lesson over and over and all I do is miss it, thinking I am being polite when I go with the flow.

What if I want to say no to the flow?
The message I just understood the hard way is "Listen to your body".
If you are tired, do not just say I am tired and go to the places that your body is screaming for you not to go.

If you can not move anymore, do not put on the heels or the tie and go to that other place.
I thought love came first I was wrong, when you are sick you are alone in bed in the end and everybody does their own thing and all you get is a phone call or a terribly worried voice that makes you worry more.

Why do I always go with the flow and everybody else struggles to go with my flow and quickly says no when something makes them tired or is not going to work for them.

Where is justice? If I keep running in circles just to keep other people happy and then what about me? What if my body can not take it anymore.

Why do I suffer the consequences alone?
Where did the crowd go?
All of those I have given parts of me to, where are they?
they know nothing
they do not understand
they can not imagine

Dear God now I know, I will listen to my Body and I wont drag it everywhere I have been told to go, I will take better care of the gift you gave me.

Even the people with the best intentions can bring your body to depletion if you do not stand up for your body no body will.

I learned to listen to my body.
when all of the crowd is gone, in sickness you are alone.
in the end you will be a lone, listen to your self more, the rest do not know.

from now on
no social pressure
no giving in
i will learn to say NO

listen to your body, before your body has to scream at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment