Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Egypt the winner of my heart





Today me and my Egypt have one thing in common,
we are both winners!
i do not care what they say.
that we are far back in every way.
today we came out to play.
today we won and happiness is to stay.
stop pointing at the garbage.
stop pointing at the dirt.
look to the stars and the moon.
we are winners every day.
with divine remembrance we can do anything.
with a will to reach a higher place
we became winners today, so stop putting us down.
today we won.
and that is it! do not bring up the talk of the dirt, and all that is left undone.
let us focus on this victory tonight!
let us focus on what we can do!
and with satisfaction and acceptance of what we are we can make it some day!
so what if we fell? we will rise again!
so what if we are what we are?
at least we are real!
yes i am romantic!
yes i am optimistic!
yes i smile a lot!
who will benefit if i worry about the loss and all the homeless?
if i do not help the war victims how will my tears help anyone?
if you do not do something about it,
then do not burden us by talking about it!
today i came out to play!
and today i won my game!
i taught what i preached about!
for the first time i was a teacher!
and the world seems like a better place!
what a wonderful world it is! when you enjoy your own skin, and you do what you were meant to do.
What a wonderful country to be living in.
so many chances and opportunities wait for us in Cairo.
open arms await us all.
The journey starts with the right breath
the right gaze
the right posture
and a smile
and whatever your wall is break it and you will always be in the right place.
for tonight we are winners so let us celebrate and let us ditch the negative monkey in our heads who always manages to put us down
when it is time to be happy, stop playing smart just be happy!
stop being the annoying person that you can be!
bringing the whole crowd down!
tonight we will celebrate in black, red and white and I will raise my flag.
I do not care if tomorrow I fall.
I am this moment, today.
I am a winner because I am Egyptian, and I am what I am, I am proud so do not dare put me down with your dusty frown.
Today we all wear our crowns
Today we celebrate our victories and we glow with national pride.
Let the cynical drown in their misery and we will dance all night, we will celebrate this victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment