Monday, January 4, 2010

cairo dust in my head


the cairo dust is driving me mad
i know i said i can clean my own mess
but u see i am an artist i need time to paint
i know i said it is not that hard to clean
but you see in cairo every single day is equivalent to a month of cleaning neglect in europe
you see here in cairo u can do the laundry
you can even cook but the cairo dust will mess up your head
i am a desperate house wife
i claimed to be a heroin who cleans her own mess
the truth is i have always been a spoiled princess and cleaning has come to be boring now
i do not want an envious stranger to clean my dust
all i want is a kind person who cleans and does not steal
who does their work like every where around the world so i can do mine
i want to teach yoga
i want to paint
but how can i do this if the cairo dust fills my house and head
i want a cleaner who does not touch my personal things
who leaves early
who helps and does not torment me with guilt
who does not blackmail me
who wants to help
dear God rid me of the Cairo dust that filled my head and house
im a spoiled Egyptian housewife and I confess.
after all I am sure cleopatra had help

1 comment:

  1. " the truth is i have always been a spoiled princess and cleaning has come to be boring now "

    " im a spoiled Egyptian housewife and I confess. "

    whether this is actually true or not i find it a courageous thing to say , something i don't think most would do !

    something many are not aware of !

    ReplyDelete