Thursday, August 11, 2011

Shahrazad rebels

No I wont obey and apologize for things I believe are my rights

The women of EGypt have suffered much
The women of EGypt have said too little

No I won't be silent again
No you can not treat me like a child

No I won't be just an object

Yes I will die on that hill

No I won't just take the drugs to silent my mind
No you can't cut my wings

No I won't sit there and wait
Until you come and make things right


No I won't be dragged around
No I won't be treated like I'm less
No I won't just cry in the backround while you blossom
No I do not have to blend with the background
No I do not have to be silent just because I'm a woman
Yes I can speak my mind.
Yes I can take care of my self and my baby
Just like I carried her for nine months I can also make decisions
Yes I have rights of information
Because I'm not a little girl you can lead

I will die on that hill
I will not wait for death and the castles in heaven
I can be happy here today if only you give me a chance
To live my own life not the life they think is appropriate
To make my own choices.
To have my sovereignty so I can blossom.



Today I'm not the same anymore because the world is changing and I won't allow them to treat me like my aunt my mother and my grandmother were treated.


I will die on that hill


Shahrazad rebels

2 comments:

  1. Your a wonderful writer! I'm enjoying reading your blog. Beautiful words :)

    ReplyDelete