Thursday, August 25, 2011

fighting to stay

it feels like im fighting for my life
my desire to stay here
to breath good air
to be safe
for basic needs to be met
for higher potential to be fulfilled

my soul is happy here
finally im free

im fighting for my life
for the right to walk

it feels like dying
thinking of going back

no i do not want to go back to sitting around on my ass all day
no i do not want to be stuck in traffic just to see my mother

no i do not want help
no i do not want to be the madam
to order maids and have so many middle men
although its a blessing
it is also a curse

i can not be the boss of them
i can only be the boss of me

the barriers i should keep
the boundaries i should keep
the proffesionalism is hard for me
since i can only be myself
i can only be a friend

i can not build walls around my self

i want to walk in nature
i want to stay
and have a place for my baby to play
for me to lay

i want to stay


dear egypt i love u
but no i do not miss you

oh God let me stay
i know i was meant to stay

now is my time
let me live

i will fight for staying
like one fights for their right to live
because to me here is life
and im finally feeling alive

No comments:

Post a Comment