Saturday, August 27, 2011

Harem

No we are not the maids you hired
Neither are we the prostitutes you ordered
No we are not second class

No I will not walk after you
No I will not be silent when I can speak for myself
No I am not less just because im a woman
No I am not less just because I am young



No I will not be an object of desire
No I will not be weaker
No I will not play dumb

I will shine because my light is on


No I will not dim it so I don't make anyone feel uncomfortable

Yes I am strong I have lived before I was even fine
I don't need to be under your rule


My job is not to look pretty and obey
My job is not just to be a good girl


No you do not own me
You are not the boss of me



And I refuse to be treated like a second class citizen

because of my age sex or color

My accent is beautiful I don't néed to change it

I will speak whatever language I feel like speaking


I will sing in English Arabic and Italian


I will blog I will paint I will walk and I know where I am going



I will be brave because I owe it to my daughter
I brought her into the world so she can see a strong role model not a disappearing shado



No I will not become a clone
No I will not mold my self to fit in

I'm Pretty much whole the way I am
I love how I am and I won't transform into a half to fit the puzzle



No I'm not just a goodgirl who does not make trouble

We are not babies


We carry them

We are not objects

We are capable just like you

We are smart and sometimes even more spiritual and sensitive

We are capable of multitasking

And putting ourselves in The shoes of others

No I will not nod and be quiet
No I won't walk behind you and follow

I am whole I am great because I am an EGyptian womAn


The harem is not my place nature is my mother and I am a child of God
And for that I am beautiful and proud I will stand up straight and my head will be high because I am not ashamed of my sex my race or my religion




Shahrazad

No comments:

Post a Comment