Sunday, August 21, 2011

now that i can breath they say i have to leave

just when i found my place in the world
just when i feel like im finally home
where i can fit
although my heart aches with love to my land
but here im free and i want to stay

i just started breathing and now he speaks of leaving
i just started to live and they say i must go back
i just found my freedom but they said i must come back

although i feel my destiny telling me this is the place for me
im even more beautiful here

i have a place to walk right here
i have a place in the world in here
i do not have to be scared of my own government
i do not have to fear thugs coming my way in here.

here i know that the police will protect me and my baby

here i know that i can speak my mind and not worry about being arrested

here its not weird to say hi to strangers because no one is a stranger
here it is not a fault to be friendly

here i ate with the muslims the christians and the jews


here everyone is my friend
here there is grass and sun
here the trees talk to me and i want to hug each tree
and kiss the ground and thank God for creating such beauty

here they have empowered me
gave me rights and i can breath

here i can be myself and i fit in with those who are fre
here i can dance in the street and take care of my self
here i can sing outloud
here i can be free

here i paint
here i do yoga
here i walk miles of independence

i love egypt but it seems to me like it is the place i wanna die in not live in

the stress level might not be getting to my friends but to me i confess i have been traumatized

since the nights where the police decided its ok to let the prisoners out
when they decided the people of egypt need to learn their lesson for speaking their minds and they cut the phone lines and internet



you might be stronger than me but i cant live like that
every day a new scary story on the local news


of people being kidnapped
and our neighbors in syria and libya being killed one after another
the days of hitler are back
the world sands still

innocent people are killed

and the selfish coward that i am does not want to go back
yes i want to be an atlantic away from all that scares me

yes i want to be where a government is well established
where the people can speak their minds

where having help is not the norm
where democracy is practiced
where the police protects the people and does not terrorize them
where my baby can play
where my baby can eat good food and breath good air
where nobody judges me all the time and interferes with my lif


my time is now
let me live
When I die i wanna say i have lived

as opposed to stayed home on the sofa all day
as opposed to just pleased all the people i should please all the time
those people have lived

let me live too

i want to be happy as opposed to terrified all the time
i want to walk the streets as opposed to cough from everyones cigerette in my face

i want to be free
let me
give me a chance
you owe it to me
if you want to see me die slowly every single day
take me back to the tomb called my land

yes i love it to death but to me it means death

now that i can breath they say i have to leave


just when i started to shine they want to take me away back to the dark
where i dry out like a dried dead flower

let me find my way
let me stay
for Gods sake let me stay
let me live

freedom is my right

No comments:

Post a Comment