Saturday, November 14, 2009

Birthday Girl!!

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful woman inside and out.
My mother in law is no ordinary woman and any one who meets her understands.
I was dreaming of her last night and when I woke up my husband said that it is her birthday today.
I have heard of stories from friends and relatives describing mother in laws to be demons and devils who destroy the lives of couples, I got so lucky because my mother in law is an angel with out wings.

When I say she is an angel, this is not a compliment to her it is a fact. Any one I meet who knows her tells me the same exact thing, "your mother in law is an angel", and I say I know and I am lucky.

Even her voice vibrates in higher frequencies then the rest of us, she speaks in the tones of angels. She is beautiful inside and out, she is more of a best friend who you could tell anything to. I never knew I could find so much comfort in anyone besides my own mother. We laugh together, we shop together, we eat together. Although you might wonder if she eats like the rest of us, or if she feeds on the love of the people around her only.

She was a university professor and I wondered how lucky her students were. I thanked God I was not her student because she would have realized my limitations in physics and doubted my intelligence. she might have even warned her son that his future wife has no understandings of things beyond art and literature, thank God she met me after I graduated.

She is a shining light for her sister and the best aunt too. She is the best mother to two brilliant young men. She is as delicate as the roses from the gardens of heaven. She is as clever as Brie from house wives is in her cooking and home making. She could have been a fashion designer, with her class and slender figure she could have been a super model too.

She is the sun for her family and friends, she helps the world through her own n.g.o that she founded with her friends. She works to bridge the gaps between the poor and the rich. She even corrected the misspelled street signs in Luxor once, she did it on her time, for no rewards she works to help. She is a great planner, and she has the best taste in all she wears, holds, or owns.

She is a california girl at heart and a social star in her Egyptian home town. The best wife, the best mom, the best aunt, the best sister and the best friend. I am sure people were confused when they saw her for the first time, for she is too good to be true.

She is like the dream, like the clouds, like the fairy tales, like the queens of the old times and above all I am crazy about her. I love her madly and so does everyone who meets her, she is as sweet as the cakes she bakes. She is as warm as the soups she blends and cooks.

She is amazing in every way may God bless her and may she come back soon, may her family always be healthy may she always be happy!

She is a goddess of kindness and class and on her birthday I wish I could have hugged her and kissed her, but between us is an ocean, and with time I will be able to hug her again soon.

I hope she has a happy birthday because life has taught me the importance of happy birthdays. Although I do not believe in time and many times have I mocked the idea of celebrating a day, however now I have realized that a happy birthday is something worth thanking God for. A happy birthday brings a happy year, a happy birthday shows you that people love that you are here, that you came to this world.

May all your birthdays be happy my beautiful aunty Mona!

Love
Always
your daughter by law!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment