Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the music healed me


music is so powerful
it healed my broken heart
it brought me closer to God

some music makes you want to pray
other music makes you want to cry
some lyrics make the spirit fly
some tunes take you so high

you feel your broken heart mending it self
licking your own wound because no one else will console you

i was lonely before i heard the music
i felt like i often do
like i do not belong to this world
but after my heart healed it self to the sound of music
i knew there is a place for me

in the kingdom of God there is a place for my broken heart
so much light fills the soul with the sound of music
so much love fills the empty place
so much mercy

the music cleansed my soul
the music made me forgive
the music made me not care about the world
the world that seems like a mad mad place

i know there must be another place
for me and the lovers

there must be a place where the teary eye belongs
where the bitter world does not matter
where the stones melt

where children come first
where angels are spoken of
where God is a word i can speak of any where with a confident voice
where love conquers
where there is no more heartache

this music opened a gate for me
brought me to the gardens of my beloved
made me not care for my wounds anymore
this music healed me
i am high on my music

thank God for the music

4 comments: