Tuesday, May 4, 2010

missing you

some people are used to missing their loved ones
i am not
it might be my parent's fault they kept me too close
since then i learned to cling hard to the people i love

i am not used to goodbyes and i hate them
days pass like years and no one understands

i studied here in cairo
i worked here in cairo all my life i have been close to my dearest ones
i am not used to missing my loved ones

i learned something today
when you start crying so hard get up and move, the shift of movement simplifies your pain
the worst thing you can do is stay in the same place, the sadness adds and adds until it wins over you

low blood pressure does not help either
after crying a lot drink a lot of fluids for you have been dehydrated by the massive tears

surround your self by happy strong cheerful people avoid those who are like you at hard times, the vulnerable or sad bring you down more

try to get used to the feelings
detach your self
adapt to change
that is the hardest of them all

every body leaves you in the end i told my self so be strong and let go
nothing is forever, nothing is yours, nothing stays.
this world is not real i told my heart, this world is not real i repeated.
and with the colors of my brushes i lost myself behind the canvas and forgot about my dripping tears

we all hurt i am not ashamed of that but i want to be independent like people who lived on their own abroad

i am not them, all i can do is remember the divine and keep busy with art after all its makes life worth living, and too much missing can drain you.

2 comments:

  1. AMAAAAAAAZING toussi and absolutely true... moods and spirits are highly contagious if u r surrounded by those who exert negative energy RUN RUN RUN!!!!! look for others who are full of young positive energy ;)) they definitely are worth your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally u commented
    yes happy strong pple are contagious
    and i hope u didnt mean me by ur post about facebook pics :(

    ReplyDelete