Monday, May 24, 2010

my angel said















my angel came and told me a poem
as i opened my eyes
the angel said:
u say you need all the help
and that your world has come to an end
you ask the whole world for advice
and still you miss the point of the test
you believe your fellow friends
you believe your elderly
you believe the voices on earth
but you never listened to the beloved

you still have not asked him for help
you are still too proud to kneel and beg
your tears are so rare and your world is so
small.

you still did not turn to him, he who brought the world to a start
he who knows you more than you know your own self

my angel said God promised to answer the prayers of those who pray
yet still you refuse to ask him for help
and you believe the promises of everyone else
if your creator promised you something
you should know it is for sure and that anything else is maybe

my angel told me no matter how much people pray for me it won't do much
i need to pray for my self
no one else can break the code

my angel told me through love, openings will show
and the sufis way is through deep love of the prophet
my angel told me to disappear in the love of the prophet
my angel told me openings will appear from where i had no clue

as my angel spoke i could see forms and lights surround us both
and the way we met was only a message from God
my angel was one of us
she is an educator a professor a Dr. at the american university of cairo
seeing her you would never have guessed that she is a seeker of light
a lover of the prophet and a sufi with a heart as clear and pure as the angels above
she looks like anyone of us in modern clothes and no veils or pretenses
she was the toughest teacher in school
and her three hour class passed like a glimpse every time
she pushed us to reach higher levels
she made us cry and laugh at once and in the end we would accomplish work we did not know we can ever create
never have i met a better teacher with a divine aura that made you respect every bit of her
and realize how precious her time is.
she inspires, she pushes, she teaches, she is what every teacher dreams of being, and what every student seeks for in a teacher.



God bless you Dr. Youmna S
my favorite and most amazing teacher and mentor of all time

love and light

your former student
mennah

4 comments:

  1. what will your angel say if she knew you're somebody else's engel :)

    keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep reading
    thank u for the motivational comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear mennah! I LOVE your poem!!! I was one of the lucky people who god blessed with being dr. youmna's students too! You can't imagine how these lines from your poem are EXACTLY my thoughts put into words:

    she was the toughest teacher in school
    and her three hour class passed like a glimpse every time
    she pushed us to reach higher levels
    she made us cry and laugh at once and in the end we would accomplish work we did not know we can ever create
    never have i met a better teacher with a divine aura that made you respect every bit of her
    and realize how precious her time is.
    she inspires, she pushes, she teaches, she is what every teacher dreams of being, and what every student seeks for in a teacher.

    Unfortunately, not all students realize how marvelous she is and that she pushes them so hard out of love and out of her wish for them to be the best. I love your writing. It is lovely and so true! Great job!=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hesitated to answer at first because no one can match your sensitivity.
    Keep on writing, Menna.
    I want to comment on the phrase 'won't do much' concerning prayers other people do on our behalf. Of course they do or we would be scratching the moments parents, especially mothers, go down on their knees to pray for their children. Or any moment anybody presents himself to God, with love, asking on behalf of a loved one.

    As for teaching, I cannot take full credit. It is a two-way process where the current has to flow from giving to receiving. If any blockage happens,either way, the process is not complete. I can only thank God for people like you and Rana who voice their experience giving me the chance to check my sincerity.

    I wish you all the success you deserve. You certainly deserve to be someone's angel

    ReplyDelete