Sunday, October 11, 2009

My mother

In our Eastern culture family is everything, in many cases mothers give their lives to their children and women are expected to give with no hopes of return. Women in Egypt especially those who mothered my generation, it is not just a generalization, have given us everything they have to give on a platter and threw their own needs away a long time ago. I am talking about my mother who deserves a golden statue as high as mount everest and as golden as her heart. Of course every son or daughter thinks their own mother and father are amazing and are the best, but I think my mother is an angel among us. She lives to light our lives up, she gives like she is an ocean and her love is like the endless waves, always giving, always willing, she perseveres, she always forgives. She is the notion of Love. She is the embodiment of compassion, she is a big throbbing heart that fills her family's life with life and light. Without her we all collapse and I can not go on. Without her I wouldn't have learned to love praying and I would not have known about sufism. Without her the sky is grey and when she travels long the whole world stops for my family. She is not like the rest of us, she is like the roses of the spring time, she blossoms in the warmth, her every wish is to see her children happy. She gave everything up just to be with us. She never let me go astray or lose my way. When I was a kid she told me all the stories of the prophets and engraved my love for them and the angels. On fridays she always filled the house with scents and the sound of the call of prayer, every day she prays for each of her children. She becomes more beautiful with age, everyone wonders what she does and I know, it is the love she has for us and everyone that makes her glow. She always knew her priorities although she lost her own mom when she was nine. She could have been a famous actress or singer with all the flow of art and charisma she has, and her impeccable taste in clothes and fashion. She lives for God and us and my only wish is that she grows the selfish gene, thinks more of herself and what makes her happy, that she stays healthy and happy with us because she is our sunshine larger than life. God Bless her when she sneezes, God bless her when she sleeps, God bless her when she wakes up, God Bless her and her notebook that is marked with our important dates and everything we plan to do she makes sure is planned right. She is as sensitive as the the rose and as beautiful as a dream. She is always tidy and everything around her so clean. She can not stand bad gossip, she can not take injustice, she treats the help like they were her children, her maid is lucky from being around her she even looks more pretty. People love her, those who do not are sick in the head.
She glows like a diamond, she smiles like a star, her hug is safety and all I know is from her, God's greatest gift to me is her and that he chose to give me such a mother, we are nothing but reflections of our parents, she showed me divine light and since then I have been seeking more. We cry and laugh together, we love to eat together, I tell her detailed stories and she listens, she tells me what happened last week and I listened. The more I travel and come back to her I realize how amazing she is. Living with her I took her greatness for granted, I messed up my room in her house and that used to cause us problems. Little did I know about how she was right in everything she said and everything she did. I wish my mother would paint again, would have more fun doing things for her self and that her days do not pass in giving and giving all the time. She is an angel among us, my great father is a lucky man, everyone who meets her and shakes her hand is lucky, some people do not deserve her company and they do no know how lucky they are.
She sneezed a few sneezes and was tired like most human beings do she felt sick for a while, I hope she feels better , she already does.
God bless the woman who loves me and loved me and will always love me, Bod bless her when she sneezes God bless her when she walks this earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment