Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ramadan I will miss you when I leave

Leaving my people when they need Me the most
Leaving my family in the holy month
Leaving my culture my tradition my religious rituals behind
And off to the land of freedom where there is Notrace of ramadan or the familiar faces
No tahrir square
No old regime
Where democracy is well established
Where freedom of speech is a practiced right
Leaving all the familiar and crossing the Atlantic to a place that's just perfect
But my heart is here where I'm needed the most here by the beach of my Egypt
Family duty calls a cross of the Atlantic trip but in a time when I'd rather stay and suffer with the ones I love
If I can chose between a clean life away from loved ones
Or a chaotic undemocratic unsafe one with my mother and on my mother land
I choose the messy life with my loved ones
Yes I complain and at times my heart almost stops from fear
But my heart is here where life started on my land with my people who suffered for ages
My heart is in this dirt and in this place where freedoms are burried
My heart is here where everyone is in your business and in Ramadan friends and family gather
My heart Is here where everyone knows my name at the store and in the coffee shop that we all need so much
My heart is here where I can't breath from pollution
My heart is here where I cant speak my mind and I might be arrested for blogging
My heart is here but I gotta go only for a month I guess! but im leaving at a time when I don't know how it will be when I return

2 comments:

  1. After few days EID UL ADHA (AZHA) will come,
    I m the 1st 1 to wish you EID Mubarak
    &
    Also sending a cos as your EID Gift.

    Ramadan Messages

    ReplyDelete