Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tooth pains and Ramadan

The holy month is one day away actually this evening the Ramadan prayers will start
I'm no preacher I'm no saint I'm in no place to say anything to anyone
But I can't help it that I want my loved ones to fast
Like a painful toothache is what it is seeing someone so great not doing what you know Is best for them
Like a broken heart you ache
It won't add or take from you but your love is of that kind.


Even if it's not your business even if it is personal you still want them to share the ritual
To share the blessings and what they bring
All you want is for them to feel the pleasures of doing it for him

Like a tooth ache is what it is being far from those you love
In a month like this one
You want the lovers and families to fast and break the fast together
To kneel and pray and thank together
To love to pray to fast together
It's a free country but love holds you captive like a toothache.
Ramadan the holy generous month is time for God , the fast is for him alone.
What a lovely way to say I love you, to fast until the sunsets, what a lovely way to reach the one!

No comments:

Post a Comment