Tuesday, February 19, 2013

yoga saved me

turns out its true, there are people who are sensitive viewers. the ones they warn before movies, shows, or anything too bloody. i am one of them. now with the current state of my country, Egypt the news alone has been causing my misery. you see i do not watch it like normal people do with detachment or even just interest in knowledge or normal concern something happens and suddenly im in the shoes of those killed in the street i feel the pain of their families and obviously i start falling into a very dark place where crying does not stop easily and getting on with my life becomes impossible. so i realize how selfish that might be but i stopped watching the news and decided it will not help my country in anyway that i crumble and die in misery nor will it help my family. so i decided to retreat in lala land create my own happy bubble and not engage in any way in the struggle for it was eating me alive. no more cbc, no more ontv, no more lamis, and as funny as ibrahim 3isa or amr adeeb are non of them too. ok maybe just the first five minutes. im writing this to recommend my recipe for happiness to everyone who was falling in the dark place filled with news and anxiety, anyone who is suffering like i was: please detach from this reality find your own bliss remember your true self. i found it in yoga and excercise. cardio has saved me, dopamine i missed you. and last but not least yoga it really works like magic. it has pulled me out of a depression that i blame my government for. i will do anything i can to help my country but i do not wish to die for it as selfish as that is i think blood is more worthy than land. i do not believe in violence, and as much as my heart aches for the martyrs and as much as i ache for their families i dont think we can afford to lose more of our youth because those in power do not care how many people die, to them we are ants. i promised myself not to get political so im here just to remind my fellow country women and men that we live once if we dont believe in reincarnation, so dont let the state of your country bring you down. create your own reality, and no, food is not the cure, smoking will not help either, find a healthy breathing room and breath and be yourself. dont forget yourself once she or he is happy you can bring everyone around you to a higher frequency. ps. no body likes to be around sad people i learned that the hard way so find your joy and stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment