Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Cairo

There is another world out there for
X cairenes who chose the cleaner life and escaped the city
They chose the suburbs
Young families with young children moved to the sprawling city
In gated compounds they live in greenery
With less pollution and their children can run free

They have malls like the rest of the world
I visited mall of Arabia today and I even found rich women in the abaya and loose hair like in Dubai
Shops like gimberee gap zara home oysho and more make me feel home and that if I need something I don't have to travel

Spinnies opened there and the experience is world class

It's so nice to see Egyptians in uniforms working just like the people of the world
And this tome they smile more and have more hope
If only the people in the cafes won't smoke
a much the experience would be worldly.


Yes it's exciting to see Egypt embracing modernity with local brands like Mobaco concrete and beonos offering services like international
competitors

I was celebrating in mall of Arabia

The old city has it's charm back in Cairo but it sure is nice to walk without crooked sidewalks
To be surrounded by clean new infrastructure


To see kids running free and families having their rights to breath and be themselves not worrying about what the bawab will say or even if the elevator is still not working

New clinics new schools wider roads lovely compounds a sense of community and hope for Egypt


Yes I love 6 of October and I wish I was part of that world

No comments:

Post a Comment